Saturday, August 2, 2008

ACL bites the dust - July 2008

This is my fourth season windsurfing.  In one of two spots in Rhode Island, skimming over scintillated greys, greens and grey catpaws of sun kissed ripple, the scent of humid breezes containing ocean scented salty air.  I'm fresh from Tolle's Power of Now, truly living in the present whose beauty is the lid of a container of amorphous scent laden memories of other beaches,  other people, other loves and lives.
I am totally at peace.  There is nothing at all like this sensation of sailing with the wind at your back, speeding you over and through the welcoming surface, faster, riding higher in the water, and faster,  higher, on the edge of being aerial, the board is beginning to plane....     
Inadvertent the swallow gulp of salt ocean water as my nose and eyes streaming -having fallen as the fickle wind scatters my previously calm enjoyment of a oneness.  The union of sea and air falters,  my poor leg twists,  agony onto an agonized ACL joint, straining but not ripping the ligaments, nor tearing the meniscus - thank you thank you thanks so so much.  I'm able to walk to the beach after two minutes of interior screaming and body acuity - I am so much in the Present, big time, thank you thank you thank you again.  
Now I'm coming up to week number 4.  I can go out in 4 - 6 weeks!  Do I take the risk or sit on the beach, we'll see.  
Bil's son from Arizona has arrived with Carla and son Justin.  They want to go windsurfing.  

No comments: